Monday, October 27, 2008

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

realized i forgot to post the call for participants that i sent out recently.. here's a copy of what i sent out:

hello friends

7 years ago on december 31, 2001, in response to the frustration I felt about the US invasion of afghanistan I did something called freedom of information, a 24 hour performance/protest/ritual improvisation in which I tried to move continuously for 24 hours while blindfolded and earplugged. it was an intimate event, performed in my home studio, and mostly friends came to watch, but it was an extraordinary experience. I felt like I wanted to do something to acknowledge the people whose lives were being disrupted by this conflict, who maybe suddenly found themselves having to leave their homes, not getting to experience the serenity of event resting at night, instead, having to be constantly on the move.

here we are 7 years later, embroiled in two horrible wars that have killed, injured and displaced thousands of people. I am interested in reprising the action I did in 2001. only this time I am trying to get one artist in each of the other 49 states as well as washington, D.C. to participate in their respective states. my hope is to create a nationwide contemplative action of protest, reflection and solidarity. again, the event will happen on december 31st, 2008. I think it will be really incredible.

I've been lucky to get a bunch of folks who are already interested, but there are still a lot of states that we need to "represent!" so i'm including that list here and if you or someone you know is interested in this unique event, please let me know as soon as possible by writing to this email address: miguel@miguelgutierrez.org

thank you!
miguel

No comments: